Emergency lighting is an integral part of any fire safety system.
Ensuring they are installed and maintained correctly can mean the difference between a safe, successful evacuation and not.
Book Your Free Site Survey Today
EMERGENCY LIGHTING SYSTEMS
Protecting your business and your employees from the risk of fire is of paramount importance. Ensuring your emergency lighting is installed correctly and maintained regularly is a legal requirement and a crucial part of your fire safety strategy.
We have a team of ICEL trained service engineers to assist in the service and repair of your emergency lighting systems. ICEL trained engineers will ensure that your system complies with current British Standards (Bs5266 Pt1, 7&8).
WHY INSTALL EMERGENCY LIGHTS?
- Saves lives
- Enables quicker identification of exit routes in an emergency
- Legal requirement
- Allows a safer, illuminated evacuation
- May reduce insurance premiums
- Keeps your business compliant
EMERGENCY LIGHT INSTALLATION
All emergency light installations are carried out competent qualified engineers to the standards required by BS 5266.
Your fire risk assessment will help determine the complexity and siting of your emergency lighting requirements.
Following an on-site survey, we can then design your emergency lighting system to be both compliant with British Standards, and suitable for your building.
EMERGENCY LIGHT MAINTENANCE
Government guidelines state that all emergency escape light systems should be regularly tested and properly maintained to an appropriate standard (BS 5266). Testing would usually include the following:
– A daily visual check of any central controls if a centrally powered system with slave luminaires is installed
– A monthly function test by operating the test facility for a period sufficient to ensure that each emergency lamp illuminates. This can be performed in-house by a competent person.
– An annual full discharge test to ensure that the lamps are lit for the full discharge period (usually 3 hours) and that the batteries are re-charging. This annual test should be carried out by a fully accredited third party, such as All Things Fire & Security.
WHY CHOOSE ALL THINGS FIRE & SECURITY?
All Things Fire and Security are accredited by BAFE for all emergency light installations and maintenance.
BAFE is the leading certification body for companies providing fire safety systems and services, and is highly regarded in the industry.
To ensure we retain our certification, our emergency lighting installations are regularly audited to make sure we’re meeting the strict standards in place. So you can be sure that by choosing a BAFE accredited company, your emergency lighting installation and maintenance will be completed to the highest standards expected.
We Listen to your requirements, ensuring that what we deliver meets those needs.
If required, we’ll carry out a free site survey after which we Consult on our findings. This consultation process ensures we agree a collaborative way forward.
We Deliver on time and in budget, keeping you updated throughout to ensure our service to you meets your requirements.
FIND ALL THINGS FIRE & SECURITY
Based in Ossett, we cover the whole of the West Yorkshire county and surrounding areas for emergency lighting installation and servicing.
The Gatehouse, RCM Business Park
Dewsbury Road, Ossett
If you’re looking for:
– a new emergency lights installation
– additions or upgrades to an existing emergency lighting system or
– emergency lighting servicing and maintenance for an existing system
then call our friendly team at ATFS or leave your details and we’ll get back to you straight away.